How can I help?
An organized Neighborhood Watch program is a big step towards making Plaza Midwood a safer place to live and work. However, these efforts require a commitment from the entire community – businesses and residents. If you are interested in helping your neighbors to control crime in our area, please email@example.com to get in touch with your neighborhood watch officers and your grid captain. In addtion, it is important that everyone follow these simple rules and responsibilities:
Don’t be a victim.
- Protect yourself, your home, your property, and your vehicle.
- Have a security inspection done by law enforcement professionals.
- Upgrade doors, locks, hardware and outdoor lighting.
- Keep valuables secure.
- Lock doors and windows and set your security system when leaving.
- Mark valuable property and record serial numbers.
Be a good neighbor.
- Get to know the people who live near you.
- Have a way to contact neighbors and one for them to get back in touch with you.
- Watch out for suspicious activity at neighbors’ homes and ask them to do likewise for you.
- Attend the quarterly Neighborhood Watch meetings.
Report any and all suspicious activity.
- Call 911.
- Call 311.
- Share information with your neighbors and block captain.
- Calling your block captain is NOT calling 911. 911 should always be the first call!
Report street light outages.
Criminals like shadows so, if you see a light out, take note of the closest intersection or residence address and do one or more of the following: