Midwood Gives Back
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, September 22, 2012 to join your neighbors for a morning of volunteer activity and a picnic in the park!
Plaza Midwood is embracing the Mayor’s call for 2012 to be the Year of Our Neighbor by supporting some important neighbors during this year’s Midwood Gives Back:
- Neighbors who need a little support - We will send out teams of volunteers to help homebound and elderly neighbors to clean up their yards and help with outside repair work.
- Beautify the ground of St. Luke’s Church to support this important faith community.
We will also hold a supply drive for:
Shamrock Gardens Elementary School – Donate basic school supplies to help the teachers and students start the year off right.
The most important items requested for donation are:
3 subject notebooks
1 subject notebooks
scissors (metal blade)
3 prong folders
Pet Food Drive – Plaza Midwood loves its pets and here is a great way to give back to help animals in need.
Winter Coat Drive – Winter will be here before we know it, and there is a great need in the city for winter coats. Please consider cleaning out your closet and bringing coats to donate to Crisis Assistance Ministry.
Midwood Gives Back 2012: Opportunities to Participate
9am -2pm: Supply Drive in the Park (Bring by your school supplies, pet food, and winter coats!)
9am – 12pm: Volunteer at one of the day’s initiatives
12pm – 2pm: Picnic in Midwood Park
How you can help right now:
- Sign up to volunteer at one of our three initiatives from 9am – 12pm. Email Kate Shem at email@example.com or call 704-900-7113 to register.
- Submit neighbors who could use a little extra help this fall with their yard (or sign up for yourself!). Email Brian Tressler at firstname.lastname@example.org to recommend someone.
- Want to help plan and staff the day? We can use your help! Email Kate at email@example.com to learn how to get involved.